Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What if I accidentally forgot to add my dependent on my taxes and filed now owe the irs

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What if I accidentally forgot to add my dependent on my taxes and filed now owe the irs

If your return has been filed and accepted, they only way to make any changes or add information is to file an amended return.  The amendment form will be available on 2/28/2019 (subject to change).  Amended returns must be mailed.  Any refund due with an amended return is sent by check.  Once the amendment form is available you can amend your return. Any taxes owed must be paid by April 15, 2019.

How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If your return has been filed and accepted, they only way to make any changes or add information is to file an amended return.  The amendment form will be available on 2/28/2019 (subject to change).  Amended returns must be mailed.  Any refund due with an amended return is sent by check.  Once the amendment form is available you can amend your return. Any taxes owed must be paid by April 15, 2019.

How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies