turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bouch1952

What form do I use for my S corp filing to deduct the value of land taken by a municipality from corporate ownwership

a municipality under local law and requirements took a roadway built by my S corp and under the S corp ownership through a required deed process where the municipality took full ownership and responsibility for the roadway and underground utilities, there by taking the land and its value. What form do I use on my tax filing for the S corp to claim the lost value of the land.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

What form do I use for my S corp filing to deduct the value of land taken by a municipality from corporate ownwership

If you received no payment for the roadway, you would report a "sale" for zero dollars. In this way, the total remaining book value will be written off and create a loss for your business.

In most cases, this transaction would be reported under Federal Taxes >> Dispose of Business Property in TurboTax Business.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

If you received no payment for the roadway, you would report a "sale" for zero dollars. In this way, the total remaining book value will be written off and create a loss for your business.

In most cases, this transaction would be reported under Federal Taxes >> Dispose of Business Property in TurboTax Business.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies