Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

@Meeka2577 wrote:

I am in the same situation; I have also been since  2/4/20 and I have not received a refund either. I can’t reach anyone at the IRS. It’s really frustrating! I filed electronically and still no processed  return. I guess the IRS thought they needed more time so they sent me the verification letter; I completed the Verification the same day... still NO RETURN! I truly believe they have stopped processing returns to focus on stimulus payments! As long as I have been filing taxes it has NEVER taken this long to process! At this rate it will be next tax season before I get my refund.. I just want to know what the hold is. 

The IRS live assistance call centers are closed, but most IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service offices are still taking phone calls in most states.  You may have to ask for a call back.   They may be able to look your case up and give you some information on the status of your review.  They are especially prone to help if you are having a hardship.

At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your area's IRS Taxpayer Advocate.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I have just lost hope on expecting any stimulus check or any money tt is giving false info 

• that's really **bleep**ty, i can relate. my return was accepted January 27th and it has said processing pretty much ever since.
  • i, too, received 2 separate letters from the IRS. the first was saying they needed some extra time to review mine. ok, fine - about a month goes by & here comes a second letter from some IRS place.. verification whatever. they state they "require an additional 60 days for verification" omg.
  • this was the first year i claimed CTC but that's because i just had the **bleep** baby last summer! and they KNOW this. and i know THAT because i received my stimulus payment almost a whole **bleep** month ago WITH the $$$ for my baby girl too. so like.. WTF?! they obviously saw that my taxes are good so why the hell wasn't my stimulus money just sent out with my **bleep** refund!?
  • well, hopefully you see your money this week @Jcatlett1988 @@@@i wouldn't be mad if mine popped up in my account this week either 👌 they need to get their **bleep** together! we need our **bleep** money!!
  • MAMA NEEDS A NEW CAR!! 

yeah i got my state refund pretty **bleep** fast (for PA 😅) if i recall correctly. then stimulus made it last month😒

still waiting to see my federal return though. that's the real $$$

lazy bums need to get with the program. 

**call your district congressman's office! a friend told me to do that, and I've spoke to an associate twice now.

unfortunately since it's been pulled for review & verification, there's nothing she can do unless i still have no money after the 60 extra **bleep** days.

but yeah! sorry I'm way too awake right now lol, but your district congressman/woman should be able to help get that expedited for you @patthomas - by letting them aware you're facing eviction they consider that a hardship & enough reason for expedition. 

If you owe childsupport the refund is used to cover that if not than some people are having very delayed return sent. I know I am dealing with i can't file or send info for my stimulus due to not having a ID PIN irs supposedly sent in 2018 and now with the virus no-one answers the phone as they're not there so I defiantly won't be getting a refund or stimulus. It's very frustrating for sure hope they open up again to take calls as many are waiting for their checks

I did mine in March and I haven't got federal fund no letter or nothing tried to call and they can't be reached.

Friel1970
Returning Member

I filed with TurboTax. Suppose to get direct deposit.  IRS says it was sent on January 28th. I havent recieved a dime.  It's been a nightmare ever since. Cant talk to ANYONE! Now my stimulus check says waiting for a date to be sent. That's been a month ago. What's going on?

am09002

Same happened to me. Done with TurboTax. But the promptly took their fee for a return I have yet to receive.

Dougla158

My stimulus said was mailed on April 24th. But I've still not got my check in the mail. I owed state and federal so when I use TurboTax they took those returns. Poor but still have not got my stimulus why? And there's no where I can fill Bank information now it will not let me.

AubHolm

It's because the IRS is having problems because of Covid19

Mspurling

I had mine placed on hold because of employer form for my wages were not turned in even though they were and they was holding my refund for 60 days minimum I contacted a tax advocate and had my refund released and in my bank in five days. The advocate told me if we send it in the IRS just throws it over in a I'll get it later box ( not a real box but you get what I mean) and don't have to do anything with it till they want to but it's a tax advocate sends it in they have to listen to them. Best part it was completely free to use. I never knew of tax advocates until this year and I know I'll use them for now on if I ever have a problem with irs and forms being lost

Mspurling

Contact tax advocate they will help you for free to her your refund to you

I'm goin through the exact same thing with h&r block. I file my taxes in Feb electronicly ,they did send my health insurance form also which I had with me. Took it back after waiting an receiving a letter from irs. They had a nasty attitude with us. Here it is May now an I still haven't heard anything from the it's. I check the website an it just says still processing, I call no answer. Smh.

Mine too, filed and was accepted 2/19, haven’t seen anything but state...what’s going on

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies