Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What does it mean when my refund date says 5-6 but the green dot is not filled in and I haven’t gotten a deposit, what does that mean?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

What does it mean when my refund date says 5-6 but the green dot is not filled in and I haven’t gotten a deposit, what does that mean?

Where are you seeing that refund date?   If TurboTax is showing you a refund date, that is an estimate based on a common 21-day time frame.    Only go by any date you see at the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool at the link below.

https://www.irs.gov/wheres-my-refund

Also, even when the IRS WMR tool says a refund has been sent and provides a date, the IRS says to allow up to 5 days due to variations in different bank processing times/procedures.

You appear to be using Free Edition, which shouldn't have any fees, but for those using a paid product who chose to pay any TurboTax fees out of the Federal refund, there is another step in the chain.  In that case, the refund goes first to an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   This paragraph won't apply to you if you didn't have fees and didn't use that payment option.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies