Jessegarcia76

What does it mean if my income tax isn't showing being processed in the where's my refund tool

Ib did receive an email showing it was accepted by irs
Bsch4477

Some returns are taking 6-9 months to process. 

NCperson

@Jessegarcia76  just be patient.  when did you file?

@Bsch4477 - note that it's the paper filed returns that are taking 6-9 months - not the efiled returns.  Best I can tell from other posts on this Board as well as postings on Facebook groups, they IRS is currently processing paper returns mailed in late Feb-early March,. so in those cases, yes, 6-9 months appears to be the expectation.,,,, and the IRS states it won't show in the WMR tool until they BEGIN processing the returns. 

But for efile, short of an error, they are processed in 21 days and should appear on WMR rather quickly.