Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What do I do now?

I filed 1021 taxes on 2/17 using TT and elected to have fees taken out of my refund, which somehow totaled almost $125, but that is nether here not there. The only correspondence I have received from TT or SBTPG was on 3/1, via email, from TT. Stating SBTPG had received my refund and it would be deposited into my account within 1-2 business days.

I filed BBB complaint on Friday, tried calling SBTPG on Monday, sat on hold for 2 hours and despite entering all of my info correctly, was told that I had and was told that I had been connected with the wrong department, and he would have to transfer my call to "the correct department." After remaining on hold and listening to my favorite elevator music hold song for several minutes, the same young man got back on the line and told me  they can no longer provide me with any information on my account because I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). 

IRS WMR tool says refund sent since 2/25 I believe. And if not received to bank by 3/2 to contact bank to see if they have received deposit. I called them & they say SBTPG has not even attempted to make deposit.

SBTPG website says that they received my refund on 3/1 and it has been funded and SBTPG and TT has taken their fees. Received email from TT on 3/1 saying my refund was received and would be deposited into my account within 1-2 business days. When I call, the automated phone service says that they received my refund on 2/25, and now it says that they have mailed me a cashier's check. Whatever the current day's date is, that is the day that it tells me the check was mailed. Soon 3/3 I called and it said they mailed it on 3/3, on 3/4 I called, it told me it was mailed 3/4, I didn't call 3/5, 3/6 it said it was mailed on 3/6, 3/7 same thing.

I have created audio recordings of all of these calls because it is incredibly shady to me and it can't just be a glitch. There are multiple people experiencing this same problem and I don't believe that a billion dollar company/bank would have a glitch, that is affecting so many people, and has lasted so long (over 2 weeks), and has not been acknowledged, addressed, or resolved. A company such as TT/SBTPG would have their IT department on it ASAP if it were a glitch.

Also, I was told, by an employee/customer service representative that SBTPG will only hold your money/funds/deposit if there is a security risk or concern involving your account, but you will likely be contacted via email by SBTPG with the info and instructions on how to address such concerns. I never received any email about this, but I checked online on my account via their web site and am told there are no security concerns regarding my account, so, why are they holding my refund? If they truly have had it since 2/25, and today is 3/8, that is 11 days they have been holding it.

I downloaded my tax return from TT app to double check my routing & account numbers are correct, & they are. Every digit. Why did they take it upon themselves to send me a cashier's check instead of completing it ma DD, as I requested?

I just want an honest answer about where my money is and when and how I will receive it. I have kids, overdue bills, credit cards about to be sent to collections, I am counting on and in desperate need of that money.

Since SBTPG does not want to provide me with any of said info, it makes me feel like something Shady is going on.

My next step is contacting the Fed Reserve to file a with them, then an attorney, if nothing has been resolved by then.

I have been recording phone calls with them, and taking photos & screenshots of everything possible downloading & creating. PDF files, etc. I have a whole folder of proof they are not being transparent about what is going on.

What do I do?

Should I contact an attorney at this point?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies