Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

darcyf8

We still don't have our federal tax return from 2021. Our online IRS transcripts on my account have the last update on 9/15/22 with code 420. Can anyone help?

There aren't any phone numbers for me to talk with an IRS representative and my family really needs this money to pay off credit debt. We've gone to the local IRS office and they said they can't do anything on their end.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

We still don't have our federal tax return from 2021. Our online IRS transcripts on my account have the last update on 9/15/22 with code 420. Can anyone help?

what is the text synopsis for code 420 ?

darcyf8

Examination of tax return and that was posted on 9/9/22. We haven't had any mailed letters for aprox 6 months. 

Code 420 on your tax transcript means that your tax return has been pulled for an examination or audit. You should expect a letter from the IRS asking for supporting documents or additional information related to your tax return within a few weeks

darcyf8

The 420 code was posted over 3 months ago and we haven't had any updates or letters mailed to us since then. 

IRS can examine your return without asking for additional information from you.

Unfortunately,  your return may have gone into a black hole.

It's not clear when it might come out.

@darcyf8 

darcyf8

So there's no way to get any help? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies