Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ntvu5451

Verify ID with IRS

I already filed my taxes wtih TurboTax and had to pay the IRS. My payment was already deducted from my bank account to the IRS. I am not owed any refund. Do I still need to verify my ID with the IRS? I already verified my Id back in 2022 with id.me. If I don't verify, will that mean any future refunds will be paused until then? The website failed to verify my ID and the automated phone system says to call them back another day.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Verify ID with IRS

Why do you think that you have to verify your ID now? Did you get a notice from the IRS telling you to verify your ID? They don't usually ask you to verify your ID when you have a payment due on your tax return. The fact that you had to verify your ID in the past does not mean that you have to do it now. If you did not get a notice, you don't have to do anything.

ntvu5451

Verify ID with IRS

I recently received a letter months after I already filed and paid my taxes and IRS withdrew my payment from my bank account. Since I did an amendment at that time, I think that is what triggered the letter. I guess i will try again next time I file. I don't have time to be calling the IRS every day. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies