Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

irabin

Uploading tax documents

Hello,
I am coming from another company, this is my first year in Intuit. In another company we had an option of Digital Drop-Off, where the client comes to the office with the documents, they are all scanned and saved, and then the customer leaves, and later a tax preparer starts working, having all documents available.

I was trying to do my own tax return in TTO, so I have uploaded the documents as a part of my tax preparation. I didn't file the return yet because I am still expecting a 1099R by the end of January.

And here is my question. When I was entering W2, TTO gave me options to import it. But the options were only either to upload the file, or take a picture with my phone. But I have already pre-uploaded all my documents, so I would expect I could simply point to the document that has already been uploaded. There were no such options, so I had to upload the W2 again during import, then delete a duplicate.

Why can't I import the form directly from already uploaded document?

Is there a reason, or is this just an omission of TurboTax software, which could be fixed in the next releases? IMHO, it would be quite convenient to upload all documents in the beginning, name them correctly, and simply use them while doing a tax return without uploading them on the fly.

Thank you.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies