Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Wilbur01

Unable to file electronically.

When I finished my forms turbotax said "we recommend you file electronically", so I am attempting that. No state filing (live in Texas), and its the same forms I have been filing the last 3 years, but the next page says I cannot file electronically, need to print and mail.  It doesn't tell me which form is the problem, but these are all the same forms I always file. here is the screen shot:

Capture.JPG

Now what?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Are you using the desktop product, and does your return include a Schedule C?

Wilbur01

yes, desktop version, and schedule C is filled out. (same as last year)

I don't know the reason, but many folks are reporting in this forum that they cannot efile with their Schedule C.  Several have phoned TurboTax Support, and TurboTax is aware of the issue.   Normally, TurboTax updates the software overnight on early Thursday mornings.   Whether it will be fixed then (or hopefully before), I'm not sure.   It could be some underlying form related to Schedule C.

Forms Availability Table

Wilbur01

I assume it's a TurboTax thing (not IRS), since its all the same forms as last year. in fact, TurboTax filled out a couple less forms this year. I'll wait to see if any updates happen, and go through the forms it didn't fill out this year to see why.

Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies