turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

poornacs
Returning Member

Unable to amend 2022 Tax returns which has included Form 5329 even though it shouldn't have

Turbo Tax included the Form 5329 in my 2022 tax returns even though it did not apply to me. Similar to what's described here Solved: Re: Can't delete 5329 even though it does not apply? (intuit.com). In my case, I only noticed the issue after I got the notice from IRS asking for additional taxes based on the amount in Form 5329.

Now, Turbox Tax online is not letting me delete the Form 5329 to file my 2022 Amended Tax returns nor it is allowing me to change the amount in Line #18 in Form 5329 to 0 to indicate no excess contribution in 2021.

Now, how do I go about in amending my 2022 tax returns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Unable to amend 2022 Tax returns which has included Form 5329 even though it shouldn't have

You have the option to download the program to do your amended return. Download the program, move your .data file. Then you can switch over to forms mode. You will be able to force the deletion of the form and can also override any entries preventing the deletion.

See How do I amend my federal tax return for a prior year? Choose online until you reach select Amend using Desktop and follow those directions.

If you are using a windows computer, you can right click and override a field. You will see delete form in the bottom left when looking at the forms in Forms mode.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies