Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

amdanoelle
Returning Member

Two W-2s, Direct Debit, and Refund Confusion.

I am slightly confused about this situation. I have two W-2s, the first one was filed and approved on February 3, 2021. The problem comes with my second W-2. I got it two weeks later than when I obtained my first W-2, and I filled for an amended return (1040 X) and was told that I had a direct debit payment coming from my bank account (my second W-2 was accepted on the 27th). I am confused because the direct debit amount ($2,002) was the difference between my first refund amount ($2400) from my first W-2 and the second amount ($398), from my second W-2. Do I actually  owe that amount when I have not received the refund amount my first W-2? How should I go about resolving this? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Two W-2s, Direct Debit, and Refund Confusion.

You will need to contact the IRS for any information regarding your refund.  TurboTax does not receive any information about your return after it has been e-filed.  

Sounds like you filed a return and expected a $2400 refund.  You amended your return and had a refund of $398.00  However, $2002 dollars was direct debited from your account.  Does not add up.  No worries, the IRS will issue you a written Explanation of adjustments explaining everything.

You can wait for the notice or call the IRS to discuss your concerns.

@amdanoelle

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies