Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

RWNixon

Turbotax Refund Advance Status while awaiting IRS opening Jan 29

I wanted to correct my original post from yesterday I had read online the IRS was not going to be processing the refund advancement tax papers until the 29th and I was upset but let me tell you what I filed my taxes yesterday through TurboTax e-file them the IRS received them within a few minutes and after no more than 3 hours my refund advancement was in my account same day all it took was a couple hours the rest of my tax return will be deposited to that account and how many other days it takes them.

I can confirm that I also don't see any record of the Advance not even in the order history. But they did give you an opportunity to print the information while it was present. So I've searched and looked for every little thing. I could just to make sure that i'm waiting on the 29th, Opening day. Almost wish I have waited until the twenty ninth to file l o l I just hate to wait. Let's revisit in a few days and see what happens. We're Gonna Be Alright!

@BigWillieStyle  I guess i am more scared of not actually getting approved... I just see so many people say they were denied and had no idea!! It said i was preapproved for $2000 but made it seem like that wasn't actually the approval yet!? 

I have scored through my tax transcript because I was approved for a $1000 advance and the only thing I can see that indicates I'll get it is the $40 refund processing fee. The fine print says I agreed to the fee in order to process my refund advance through Green Dot and First Century Bank so I'm going to believe that I will have it by Monday when the IRS officially opens the tax season! Let us pray!

They will send u a virtual card and thru the credit carma app u can link your bank to that new virtual card and send money to your bank or use apple pay at the stores for cardless payments

I have been filling with TurboTax for about 5 years. This is my second year with the refund advance though I was denied last year and approved this time. I already have credit karma and my card so that's not it. They're being secretive with the refund advance information!

I apologize that comments was intended for someone else's question when I clicked reply it was to the wrong conversation but I 100% agree I also am not able to see a **bleep** thing I men it's like I never applied for anything at all at this point I have no proof I actually got approved I did t screenshot it lol 

You're okay I was just reading through the messages and realized who you were replying to. The only indication is the extra $40. My feed show $120. $40 FED $40 State and $40 Refund Processing Fee.

I do believe I found the page of my taxes where I agreed and signed up for it. I guess we'll all just be waiting for Monday 

Hey guys, sorry I'm posting at this hour but I just happened to be checking my spam email and I had an email from some company whose information I certainly do not recognize from filing they said that I had been denied in advance and said my refund would still go to my credit karma account and then there's some type of link that I'm supposed to click and log into this looks like every type of scam for sure but I'm going to attach a screenshot in case someone else is familiar and can shed more light but I'm definitely not putting my information anywhere especially when I've already done everything through TurboTax and this isn't my first time so this is totally weird but not surprising as a scam.

It's legit... I just found my email in Spam. That's bogus AF! I have used TurboTax for about 5 years and always get a hefty return. I will not be filing with TurboTax anymore! I paid y'all to get denied after being approved for a $1000 advance! On a $10,000 refund? Screw TurboTax. They're bogus!

This makes me so sad 🙃 lol like why act like we’re approved and then not???? @Mzlibra90 l @BigWillieStyle  

@BigWillieStyle   Sorry to reply again lol but i got the EXACT email in my spam… it seems legit but also suspicious.. i clicked the link but don’t want to put in the last four of a social.. I’ll be VERY disappointed if they did this after saying we were all pre approved!!! 

@Mzlibra90 l @BigWillieStyle  OKAY lol so maybe that is spam??? Idk on the TurboTax app - it says you won’t receive a final decision until AFTER you file AND the IRS has opened?? Which isn’t until Monday the 29th?? I’m trying to be hopeful lol i posted the screenshot below.. IMG_1957.png

I think it's definitely Spam. the bank that they mention is not anywhere in any of the documents that I agree to only the MVB bank in associated with credit karma. Spend. So whatever that bank is the first national or whatever is not associated with the company's. We used to file.. but what upsets me most is that it's barely been a full 24 hours since I filed for my taxes not only that.  I paid $128 or something. Which included additional benefits one of them being identity monitoring. so the fact that in less than 24 hours someone gained access to my return enough to generate an email that had valid information such as me applying for a loan, And the payment method. I chose to receive my return. if this is in fact Spam. I am so disappointed that not only did we immediately start to receive emails that suggest our information has been compromised. But I actually signed up for the.  Extra protection and etc and paid for it. I'm trying to decide that in this moment how I want to go about this. I almost wish I could.

With Jarvis return and go somewhere else. I don't appreciate it.  Receiving emails with real information but are not from an actual related to our return. Who knows what information has already been compromised? Not know that if there are any reason I can get my advance. Or there's an issue with my return. Especially after the pre approval, I'm very disappointed and upset right now

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies