Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sudha80india
Returning Member

Turbotax only give an option to either receive check or open a credit karma account for deposit for my 2021 tax amend return., is there a way deposit to my exist account?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Turbotax only give an option to either receive check or open a credit karma account for deposit for my 2021 tax amend return., is there a way deposit to my exist account?

If you have a checking account or savings account in your name, you can specify that account.

@sudha80india 

sudha80india
Returning Member

Thank you for your reply, however I don't see any option to specify my bank account for direct deposit when I tried to e-file 2021 amended return. Please find below screenshot for the options that is shown to me in turbotax online.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 123057.png

direct deposit for amended refund is available if you e-File.

a 2021 tax return will have to be mailed in so you will get a check. 

This is new so it may not be available at all in 2021 TurboTax.

@sudha80india 

sudha80india
Returning Member

Hi 

I was able to e-File my 2021 Amended return using TurboxTax online, however IRS rejected my eFile with below error.

"/Return/ReturnHeader/FilingSecurityInformation/TotalPreparationSubmissionTs - Data in the return is missing or invalid. Please double check your entries"

Now turbotax online don't have the option to correct the return Online and prompts to download .tax file and Amend using Desktop version.

I tried the Desktop version, but even though it tells that as of August 2020 we can eFile and you can eFile using the 'File' tab (Please find below screenshot). I don't have the 'File' tab. Screenshot 2024-04-04 160739.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies