Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax is saying that my refund was successfully submitted & is processing, but the IRS website says my refund hasn’t yet been submitted processed. Is this normal?

TurboTax said “congratulations, your tax return has been successfully submitted” on April 15th. I just logged into the IRS website and gave my personal info it asked for and it says “your 2023 tax return has not yet been submitted” and I am worried it is too late.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

TurboTax is saying that my refund was successfully submitted & is processing, but the IRS website says my refund hasn’t yet been submitted processed. Is this normal?

The IRS usually shows your e-Filed  return within three days.

You are right to be concerned.

You should call IRS to fiind out if the page you are seeing has not been updated for some reason.

@jackiemyers00 

@ jackiemyers00  asked:  TurboTax is saying that my refund was successfully submitted & is processing, but the IRS website says my refund hasn’t yet been submitted processed. Is this normal?  TurboTax said “congratulations, your tax return has been successfully submitted” on April 15th. I just logged into the IRS website and gave my personal info it asked for and it says “your 2023 tax return has not yet been submitted” and I am worried it is too late.

First of all, rest assured that if you're due a Federal refund, it's not "too late" to get a Federal refund for 2023.  Normally you have 3 years from the return due date, so don't worry about that part, but you do need to figure out what is going on.

Where do you see that it was "successfully submitted"?  Is that from an email, or is that when you view your account online?  In either of those methods do you see the explicit word "accepted" anywhere?    After efiling, you should have received 2 emails--the first one saying that the return was successfully submitted and is "pending", followed by a second email in 24-48 hours (or sooner) saying explicitly if the return was "accepted" or "rejected."

Log back into your Online TurboTax account.   Does info at the Tax Home show the return was "accepted"?  

What feature of the IRS website were you using?  Were you looking at a tax return transcript, or are you referring to the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool?   Info in a transcript might sometimes take longer to appear.  What do you see at the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool?  If that WMR tool didn't find your info, here's how to troubleshoot:

If your efiled return was accepted, here are some tips when using the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool. 

NOTE:   If you filed by mail, it can take about 4 weeks to show up in the IRS WMR tool.

https://www.irs.gov/wheres-my-refund

• Be sure you enter the correct SSN, filing status, and tax year.
  • Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount.   Do not include any state refund or any total refund or net refund (Fed and State) that TurboTax may have provided on a screen.  
  • Also be sure you are using the Federal amount before any TurboTax fees are taken out (if you chose that option.)
  • Look at your actual Federal return to get the Federal refund amount, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
  • You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline and use that same Form 1040, Line 35a figure.  I've seen some users report anecdotally in this forum that it worked (at least for them) when the WMR tool didn't.  800-829-1954

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies