turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

thewitt84
Returning Member

Turbo Tax Plus

I need to get TurboTax plus to view my 2017 report.

I clicked on it in the upgrade area, but it didn't ask or let me pay for it so I don't have any of the upgrades.

When I go back to the upgrade screen it won't let me choose it as if I already have it. I guess it wants me to pay for it next time I file, but I want to pay now and get the benefits now.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Turbo Tax Plus

In the Upgrade area if PLUS option is grayed out, then you are already upgraded to PLUS.  Here's how to pay the 19.99 by going to the Print Center:

• Since you have already upgraded, you just need to pay.
  • With your return still open, in the left menu column click on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • At the Print Center choose to "Print, save, view THIS  YEAR's return."   (Yes, you say "this year's" because you are paying for the 2018 return upgrade to unlock all prior returns.)   You don't actually have to print the 2018 return.
  • It will then ask you to pay.  If the Order Summary appears OK, then choose PAY NOW.
  • You can pay by credit card or debit card (even though it only says "credit.")   If it should offer you the choice of paying later out of the Federal refund, that cannot be done for this purpose.  You have to choose PAY NOW.

NOTE:  Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.

Turbo Tax Plus

@thewitt84 

ADDENDUM:

The info above tells you the steps to pay for PLUS to have access to your 2017 return PDF.

For the sake of completeness, there's also a free option if a return transcript will suit your purpose.   You may be able to immediately download a transcript at the IRS website if you qualify to open an IRS account there.  Otherwise, to order a transcript to come by postal mail takes 5-10 calendar days.
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies