Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax allowed me to take full Vehicle business use depreciation and now after concluding an audit they state the rule is $19,100 per year, help? Audit defense didnt

I had vehicle writeoffs in excess of 100k and the depreciation is causing me to owe, I now have 2 days to reply to an exam letter after no help from turbo tax audit defense and had to go on my own. The irs rules I beleive should be different for commercial vehciles since I used a freighliner chassis rv to pull a 38k pound trailer but they are not letting me claim full or even half depreciation like I did per the turbo tax filing algorithm
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Turbo Tax allowed me to take full Vehicle business use depreciation and now after concluding an audit they state the rule is $19,100 per year, help? Audit defense didnt

we can't see the iRS notice and therefore do we know the reason it provided for limiting the depreciation.

we also don't know why Audit Defense was unable to assist you. at this point, you may need a tax pro. if anyone will take this at such a late date. if you do nothing you will owe the tax bill.  you may need the pro to look over what was entered in Turbotax. if you made correct entries and there was a miscalculation you can file a claim to recoup penalties and interest. if you made errors in entering the info, Turbotax is not responsible. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies