Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I go to the WMR site and it says We can not provide any info about your refund. To call IRS and give Ref# 9001 what does this mean

@traceyra I’m actually on hold to make sure that it’s still under review. But they told me Tuesday that it was pulled to be under review by a person. I believe they are waiting for my school to send over my 1098 T form bc that’s all I claimed on my taxes. They told me it was going to take 45 days. So I’m calling again to make sure that it’s still under review and that I don’t need to take any action.

I go to the WMR site and it says We can not provide any info about your refund. To call IRS and give Ref# 9001 what does this mean

so thats why you had the 9001 code? i swear this year is crazy ive filed with turbo tax for 8 years no new address or employers. They say they mailed a letter but i havent recieved it. i have never had so much trouble as this year

Yes. It’s really sad that we are all having these issues. I’ve never had to go through this either. Been filing with turbo for years as well. I can’t even go in and amend mine bc turbo keeps pushing the 1040X form back. Today it was suppose to be available but now the date is moved back to 3/7/2019.

So now the lady is saying mine is being held by identification verification!!!!!!!! OMG!!!
ajett1665

I was just about to comment and say pulled for review means id verification which IS what this code means, but I see they told you
ajett1665

it took 19days to get my letter yall

i verified on tuesday and i am still on the 9001 code.
Thorienna

I have been calling everyday since Tuesday and they are telling me they are unable to handle my call at this time and to try back later.  I CAN'T even get through!!!

Ok so it’s still under review. Waiting 45 days. If I haven’t heard anything by April 4, I need to call back. She said there doing that to make sure no one is stealing identity. She was a really nice lady as well!!! I didn’t have to take any action though.

UPDATE my return has changed to being processed from the 9001 code and I have all credits
Mindizzy

How long after verifying your identity did this happen?

I didn’t have to verify my identity or if I did she didn’t say I had the code because I was denied eic and ACTC last year and she said that when I submitted my w2 i recertified as well I called Tuesday and it changed this morning so all 9001 codes are not just ID verify but she said up 6 weeks for my deposit but it could as well be on the 27th

I called again this morning because I’ve never received a letter that was supposed to be mailed out and the lady said that she would resend the letter and she was going to send email over to the advocate people to see if I can qualify for a hardship which could speed it up she said . She said she couldn’t verify over the phone but they possibly could and that she didn’t see anything wrong with my return.

All of you saying you had to ID verify but my 9001 code was because I received a letter for 1095A and 8962 form to be faxed because of healthcare. Everyone with that code will not have to ID verify. It could be other things as well.
KTKKKG
Returning Member

I  ID verified Tuesday 2/19. Wmr just up dated for me ddd 2/27. Good luck to you all!!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies