Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The IRS added a deduction for unemployment income in 2020. I already filed. Is the platform set up for to amend my 2020 return to take advantage of this new deduction?

My return has been filed, received and I have received my state and federal returns.

When will turbo tax be updated so that I can amend my return to take this new deduction?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyR77
Expert Alumni

The IRS added a deduction for unemployment income in 2020. I already filed. Is the platform set up for to amend my 2020 return to take advantage of this new deduction?

The IRS has provided guidance that you will not need to amend to receive a refund for the change in tax law from the American Rescue Plan for unemployment.  They will automatically calculate the change and issue you a refund.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JeffreyR77
Expert Alumni

The IRS has provided guidance that you will not need to amend to receive a refund for the change in tax law from the American Rescue Plan for unemployment.  They will automatically calculate the change and issue you a refund.

Thank you!

If I filed my taxes and I have unemployment on my taxes how long until they amend my taxes and I get my refund? My taxes were accepted 2-20-21

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

We are waiting for IRS guidance on the exact process and timing for handling returns that have included unemployment benefits.  Go here for more unemployment updates as they become available.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies