Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

The Georgia Department of Revenue has approved your refund claim and the amount is subject to audit verification. Does this mean I am being Audited?

I received this letter which I have never before. I have been so stressed that I can't sleep thinking I am being audited.
danielandkellyfi
Returning Member

The Georgia Department of Revenue has approved your refund claim and the amount is subject to audit verification. Does this mean I am being Audited?

@sable30233 No. For some reason MANY people are getting this. It's 1 of 2 things most likely.
1. It's the letter that they announced was sent in error last week... OR
2. Google the GA DOR phone number and give them a call. Tell the rep you need I.D. verify so your funds can be released. Hundreds of ppl have had to. Why? No idea. Mine was ready February 7th and just sat there til I called the 16th. It finally deposited on the 21st.

is this state or federal? I have not gotten either....they have me on a "45 day review" sent a letter said nothing to be worried about......i just have to wait?
danielandkellyfi
Returning Member

@tatianna1093 My reply was regarding state. Already got that. Now I'm fighting federal. Filed/accepted 1/31. Nothing on WMR until 2/15. Got transcripts yesterday with 826 code. A offset I was already aware of. That's been paid now. Still nothing on a DDD. I'm so frustrated!

I called the number and they said to disregard it. It was an error. 

On my "Refund Claim" letter there was a number (877)423-6711. When I called it said the letter was sent in error by the department and to disregard. I would call the number on your letter just in case. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies