turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

So we Do have to Update our Information ? 

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

Impossible! These people are screen shooting crap to make it look like it, the one from Wells Fargo is going around social media it is fake

They are posting on the 15 for some. I filed Turbotax free online, got my federal in 9 days and state in 3 weeks. 15th for the refund advance. Do you people really think you are getting this for free? They will, on the 2020 tax return, be factoring in this payment into what you get from your next year's refund. Just like in 2008. I was a tax accountant back then. I am retired now, but the law will not be the same, guaranteed. 

The get my refund is open they told me I didn't have enough information so I had to put my direct deposit information in so if you're waiting for a refund on the turbo prepaid card it would not come go to get my refund have your AGI ready you will not get your refund on the turbo prepaid card

Screenshot_2020-04-15-05-38-11.png

You cant update it, since turbotax will be getting your stimulus check there is a direct deposit on file with IRS, so u will have to wait for Turbo to send it back to IRS and for them to send you either a paper check, or for IRS to allow you to update direct deposit, atm the website only allows you to check your direct deposit not change it

Having fees taken out is not the catch point. My 23yr old paid his fees through Turbo Tax, with his return, and his stimulus was deposited Monday onto a different prepaid card. It may be this particular card and if you got an advance on your refund.

Someone in another post gave me a link to the IRS Where's My Payment tool and I didn't even know it was active yet but here's what it said when I put my information in:

"Payment Status

We scheduled your payment to be deposited on April 15, 2020 to the bank account below.

Bank Account Number: (my TurboTax Cards bank number)

If you don't see your payment credited to your account, check with your bank to verify they received it. We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

If you need additional help or do not receive your payment, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page."

If you use turbo prepaid card for your direct deposit it will not show on your stimulus payment I just went to get my payment and they told me I didn't have enough information so I had to enter a new routing and checking account number go to get my payment now it's open

As I expected the portal asked for my direct deposit information. All of us who got an advance will probably have the same issue. Bye bye Turbo Card. No more!

It seems that anyone who had an advance or paid fees from their taxes will not get their stimulus on their card. If you used free edition you will get it. H and R block is same thing. 

Irresponsible to have that much in NSF checks. You would be going to criminal court for faking a check and not having the money to cover it. So typical....

Negative. If you had frers taken out

You have to goto irs.gov Eric website and check status/ payment and if needed update your info.

I just change my bank info. Its open now. The IRS where is my stimulus check

The get my payment is open go to there they do not have enough information on your direct deposit with turbo prepaid card you have to enter a new direct deposit information know you will not get it they did not have enough information on me and I have a turbo prepaid Visa card go to the get my payment now and into your new direct deposit information there

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies