Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

averb

Tax refund processing since January

Hi there-

I have tried to figure this out for months now. I filed my taxes on January 27th. There is nothing odd about my taxes. I'm a single filer, no dependents, only one job all year. The only unique situation is that I did not file in 2018 because I did not work. It is now May 15th and my refund has been processing for almost 5 months. I know that things are slowed down with COVID19 and totally understand, but I feel as though it should've come before March when they got slammed so I am worried that it's not being processed or there is some sort of error happening. I have had no correspondence from the IRS at all. And of course, no stimulus check either. Is anyone else experiencing this? Filed long before Stimulus checks were overloading the IRS but still waiting? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Tax refund processing since January

Unfortunately there is nothing TurboTax or anyone posting replies on this site can do to help you. There have been several posts of persons filing in late January or February whose tax returns are still being processed.  There is no way to know what has happened without being able to talk to the IRS and they are currently not taking any phone calls.

Since it has been so long, you could try contacting the Taxpayer Advocate Service: https://www.irs.gov/taxpayer-advocate

Some who have tried have posted back that they couldn't get the service to return their calls. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies