turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax preparation fee from 2016 tax return

Where do I find this information? It says sign up to your Turbo Tax account and check "Orders", but I don't see it
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Patrice

Start by looking up your TurboTax order(s). You can search by last name/phone/credit card or by order number/billing ZIP.

If you filed with TurboTax Online, you can find last year's order number by doing this:

1. Sign in here (if you're not already signed in under last year's login).
  1. Click Taxes in the upper left corner to open your Tax Timeline.
  2. In the 2016 Tax Year section (you may need to scroll down), click View order details to get your order number.

You can also look through your email inbox for an order confirmation email with the subject line Your TurboTax Payment Confirmation. This will have order details, including what you paid.

Why can't I find my order?

Here are some possible reasons:

• You didn't buy your software directly from turbotax.com. We don't have purchase information for other retailers, such as Amazon or Best Buy.
  • You may be signing in with a login that's different than the one you used when you purchased.
    • To find other logins connected with your email address, simply sign in here, enter your email address, and click Continue.
  • (TurboTax Online) You paid your fees out of your tax refund with the Refund Processing option. Those fees may not appear in your account.

Tip: Don't waste too much time trying to find out what you paid last year, as few taxpayers are able to deduct their TurboTax fees anyway.  Find out why .

Related Information:

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Patrice

Start by looking up your TurboTax order(s). You can search by last name/phone/credit card or by order number/billing ZIP.

If you filed with TurboTax Online, you can find last year's order number by doing this:

1. Sign in here (if you're not already signed in under last year's login).
  1. Click Taxes in the upper left corner to open your Tax Timeline.
  2. In the 2016 Tax Year section (you may need to scroll down), click View order details to get your order number.

You can also look through your email inbox for an order confirmation email with the subject line Your TurboTax Payment Confirmation. This will have order details, including what you paid.

Why can't I find my order?

Here are some possible reasons:

• You didn't buy your software directly from turbotax.com. We don't have purchase information for other retailers, such as Amazon or Best Buy.
  • You may be signing in with a login that's different than the one you used when you purchased.
    • To find other logins connected with your email address, simply sign in here, enter your email address, and click Continue.
  • (TurboTax Online) You paid your fees out of your tax refund with the Refund Processing option. Those fees may not appear in your account.

Tip: Don't waste too much time trying to find out what you paid last year, as few taxpayers are able to deduct their TurboTax fees anyway.  Find out why .

Related Information:

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies