Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Submitted my federal and state taxes but am getting an oops-an issue occurred. please check back shortly message. Does this mean my taxes were filed or need an extension?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Submitted my federal and state taxes but am getting an oops-an issue occurred. please check back shortly message. Does this mean my taxes were filed or need an extension?

Doesn't hurt to file an extension just in case. 

File federal extension online here

State extensions can be found here if needed. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
newbee2

I do have the same error message, when I try to file extension, its not letting me do that saying I dont need file extension as I have already filed tax return and status pending.

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Ok, wait. It's likely due to the large volume of submissions. 

StephenHB
Returning Member

Did you get the email?  Others posted stated they received an email some time after filing and when website is still stating "oops".  I have "oops" message and no email.  :(

newbee2

I have filed about an hour ago and still no email confirmation.

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

The message is likely due to the large volume of submissions. It can't hurt to file an extension just in case. 

File federal extension online here

State extensions can be found here if needed. 

newbee2

system is not letting us file extension, saying return is filed and status is pending.

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Good. That sounds promising. Just have to wait. 

newbee2

Had a telephonic conversation with support person from Turbotax and he confirmed that this error message is something they are working on and I'm good with my return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies