Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

brownmaher42
Returning Member

Still haven't gotten my refund after 1.5 years from Turbotax

I filed my 2020 tax return using Turbotax. I selected the payment option that deducts the money from the refund after filing. The bank account I used on my return was closed shortly after filing. When I call the IRS to track the refund, it says the money was deposited to Turbotax's bank, and to call TPG. I reach out to TPG and never get a response from them. So the IRS is telling me that Turbotax has my money, and since the account is closed they have nowhere to deposit the money. This would be an easy fix if anyone at TPG or Cavista bank would get back to me so I can update the information, but they don't. Turbotax customer support has been useless, as they say to call the IRS, which then says to call Turbotax.

What can I do to get my money. Ive waited a year and a half, and filed a payment trace, called both banks, customer service, et cetera. 

What can I do to get my money?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
pk
Level 15
Level 15

@brownmaher42 , surprised that nobody has  helped you yet ( yes? ). While I cannot help directly , I will draw  the attention of the powersbe to this post .  Sorry for this situation -- seems like a mess.

Please update this post if you do not hear from somebody at Intuit/TurboTax within  48 hours.

pk

When TPG can't deposit your check. they're supposed to mail a check to you.

This is the same as the IRS policy.

Once IRS forwards to TPG, IRS and TurboTax have nothing to do with it.

You can complain to the BBB and your state Attorney General.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies