turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Spoke to irs today, refund was randomly chosen. There is nothing for me to do, they are going to hold for 120. Anyone gotten this before or does it take 120 days

Filed and accepted Feb 2 got loan same day. WMR changed to tax code 152. Today is 52 days since accepted and called. Randomly pulled for review they need nothing from me right now just holding for 120 from date of letter March 18
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ee-ea
Level 15

Spoke to irs today, refund was randomly chosen. There is nothing for me to do, they are going to hold for 120. Anyone gotten this before or does it take 120 days

Saying what is happening to your return at the IRS would be speculation. All you can do now is, wait. At least you know that the IRS has your filing. It does not matter who sent your form to them. That is the sole destination for federal tax returns. No one has discovered a way to make any tax agency speed up working on or sending out refunds. No one ever will because they are an overwhelmed, over worked, under funded and under staffed government bureaucracy. Eventually you will get the pay off of your no interest loan to the government. 21 days is just an educated/informed guess/goal of the IRS which should not be relied on.

Have you thought of paying just enough by estimates or withholding to avoid a penalty and let the government wait for your check?

Check out https://www.irs.gov/wheres-my-refund   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies