atladivers

Should I start paying my estimated taxes in 2019 using an FEIN number I received got from IRS recently or should I use my SSN?

I am an independent contractor doing court transcripts from home and I receive a 1099 at the end of the year.  In 2019, I applied for and got an FEIN number and don't use my SSN number.  When I send in my 1040-V voucher in a few days, do I put my FEIN number on there or my SSN?

Vanessa

Use your social security number to make your estimated tax payments.  Your personal tax liability is still under your SSN.  So you will want the payments to be applied to you, not the business.