kountrykrafts36

Should I receive more refund money back then I paid in for 2017

rjs

You might get a refund that is more than you paid in. Certain tax credits are called "refundable" credits. That means that you get a refund for the credit, even if it's more than the tax that you paid in during the year. The most common refundable credits are the Earned Income Credit, the Additional Child Tax Credit, and the refundable portion of the American Opportunity Credit. If you are claiming any of those credits you could get back more than you paid in. Also, if you had health insurance from the Marketplace you might be entitled to a Premium Tax Credit that is refundable.

rjs