oxskirra

Should i file a 1040X amended form, because of my spouses defaulted student loans which were incurred before we were even together?

Should i remove my spouse from my taxes and file head of househould, she is disabled and did not contribute finacially, and she has incurrred premarital debts which will absorb any portion of my feder
JulieR

You cannot file Head of Household if you and your wife live together.  You can, however, amend your return to change your filing status to Married Filing Separately.  However, in your situation, since you have already filed your return, a better option would be to file an "Injured Spouse" claim (Form 8379). The following explains about Injured Spouse Allocation how to proceed (be sure to read the instructions for What if I've already filed my tax return?).