skichick3287

Selected direct deposit for federal refund and it's on my return with correct account info but where's my refund tool says it's being mailed, why is this happening?

I selected direct deposit for federal refund and it's on my return with correct account info but where's my refund tool says it's being mailed, why is this happening?
AkinaLO

The IRS explains the possible reasons why they mail out a paper check instead. See below. 

"I requested a direct deposit refund. Why are you mailing it to me as a paper check? 

There are three possible reasons. They are as follows: 

• We can only deposit refunds electronically into accounts in your own name, your spouse's name or in a joint account. 

• A financial institution may reject a direct deposit. 

• We can’t deposit more than three electronic refunds into a single financial account. "

You can see this and answers to other questions here https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions.