turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schedule E Printing Issue - And extremely disappointed with TurboTax Support

I just spent over an hour on the phone with a support person demonstrating in specific detail how there is a bug in the Desktop H&B version that will not let me print more than the first 2 copies of Schedule E when my return contains 4 copies of that form necessary to cover the 10+ properties I have.  The support person agreed that this was definitely an issue, that I was not the only person to report it, and that she would open an incident with TurboTax that I would hear back from with a plan/solution.

An hour after I hung up I received this email:  

"Your Intuit TurboTax Case #[phone number removed] 
INV-27863

We appreciate your patience while we looked into your issue. After investigating the issue, we found that we did not receive enough information to complete a full investigation into your concern."

There is of course no way to respond to the email and if I phone an agent I would have to start at the beginning again and waste another hour or more with no benefit.

This should be a very simple issue to duplicate.  Just create more than 7 rental properties and try to print the 3rd copy of Schedule E.  You will see it is impossible to do so.

I've used TT for many years but next year I'm inclined to find a different product.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

I have attempted to recreate the issue you described using the 2023 TurboTax Home and Business Desktop version.  I added 9 rental properties which should generate three copies of Schedule E.  Everything worked as expected in my scenario.  Also, when generating a print preview copy of the Official Forms version of the tax return, all three copies of Schedule E were included.  

The only possible way to have this investigated further would be to have a diagnostic copy of your tax data file to see if there is something that can be pinpointed that is causing the experience you describe.  You can help us by creating the diagnostic file so that someone can take a closer look.  The diagnostic file will not contain personally identifiable information, only the numbers related to your tax forms.  

If you wish to send a file, use the following instructions and then post the token number along with what state return you are filing in a follow-up thread.

Since you are using a CD/downloaded version of TurboTax, use these steps:

• Select Online at the top of the screen.
  • Select Send Tax File to Agent.
  • Click OK.
  • Post the token number here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Here is a token number for this issue:  1177649

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Researching further into this issue, it was discovered that it was already being addressed and fixed.  However, the TurboTax update that contains the correction has not been released as of today.  Please check again tomorrow and be sure that your TurboTax software is updated to the current version by going to Online > Check for Updates at the top of the screen.

Be aware that according to the team in charge of correcting the situation, this was a printing issue only.  The calculations and electronic filing of your return would not be affected.  

@lgcphoto 

prbrank
Returning Member

just experienced the same issue.  I was on the phone for 3hrs and 22min.  Still not resolved.

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

The issue has been fixed, but the TurboTax update containing the fix has not been released as of today.  Please check again tomorrow and be sure that your TurboTax software is updated to the current version by going to Online > Check for Updates at the top of the screen.

Be aware that according to the team in charge of correcting the situation, this was a printing issue only.  The calculations and electronic filing of your return would not be affected.  

@prbrank 

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

The TurboTax update to correct this printing issue is now scheduled for release on 2/15/2024.  Remember the problem is only when trying to print your return, electronic filing and calculations are not affected.

@lgcphoto 

@prbrank 

[edited 2/12/2024 | 5:26 am PST to correct the date referenced]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies