turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Santa Barbara Green Dot /

I REALLY NEED SOME ANSWERS... I AM LIVID. So my refund through TurboTax is 945 (I've been with them 4 years) TurboTax charged me 168. So my refund would be 853. When it went to Santa Barbara Green Dot they charged me ADDITIONAL  TAX Preparation OF 128. PLUS 40.00 PROCESSING FEE PLUS 10.24 FOR OTHER FEES ( that's what it says.. other fees) I AM BEING CHARGED THROUGH TURBO THE 168 AND 174 THROUGH SANTA BARBARA... I've called on hold 2 hours. I emailed them. I EMAILED Turbo TAX ABOUT THE SITUATION I ALSO TALKED TO TURBO TAX REP.. THEY SAID IT WAS SOLVED AND ITS NOT.... I WANT MY MONEY ALING WITH THE THOUSAND OTHER PEOPLE.  I WANT ANSWERS 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

You chose to pay TurboTax from your refund.  TurboTax did not receive any funds from you until it was deducted from your refund by Santa Barbara.  You should not have paid twice.  From your description, your total cost to prepare the return should be $178.24 ($168+10.24).  Your refund should be $766.66.  If the numbers are correct based on your description.  What is the actual amount of the refund received?

If this does not help, please come back to the forum with more details.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

MY TOTAL AMOUNT FROM TURBO TAX WAS 945. turbo tax took 89.00 for federal 39.00 for state and 40.00 processing. A refund of 853 When I went to green dot.  They charged me 128.00 in tax preparation 10.24 other fees.. that's how it is listed and 40.00 processing fee. My REFUND THEN WAS 672. HOW AM I NOT BEING CHARGED TWICE? 

I will be more than happy to fax you the fees from TurboTax. What is your fax number. 

To be more specific turbo tax charged 89.00 for premium for federal and 39.00 for state and 40.00 AGAIN IT SHOULD BE 853 YOU SAID 776 AND IT WAS 672. I AM BEYOND UPSET I WANT THE REMAINDER PUT IN MY ACCOUNT PLEASE

What is the fax number to turbo tax I am going to fax it 

WHAT IS THE 89.00 FOR FEDERAL IF ITS NOT A FEE? WHAT IS THE 33.00 FOR STATE IF ITS NOT A FEE?  WHAT IS THE 40.00 PROCESSING? your telling me TURBO TAX DIDNT DEDUCT ANYTHING ... EHAT ARE THOSE AMOUNTS?  I just want a phone number... Live talk no computer ... Or a fax number

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

If you're using TurboTax Online:

1. Sign into your TurboTax account (if you aren't already signed in).
  2. Once you're in, type Contact us in the Search bar.
  3. Select the Contact Us button from the results.
  4. Select the pencil icon to enter your question and select Let's talk.
  5. Now choose between:
    • Posting your question to our community of experts (Post a question)
    • Talking one-on-one with a live TurboTax Expert or CPA (Get a call)

@Katona01

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Correct it should be 777. My total was 945 (not 975 which I thought) I did not receive 777 I received 674

And if turbo tax already charged me 40.00 for processing why would I pay 40 to sbtp? For processing and 10.24 for other fees that are not mentioned

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies