Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Accepted 1-29-19. 5071C Letter on 2-18-19 ,verified 2-19 told by IRS my account was released no DDD yet has anyone in same situation received their refund or a DDD?

I said if it was sent back to processing on the 11th of this month and today is the 25th what is taking so long , he basically said it's a waiting period,

Accepted 1-29-19. 5071C Letter on 2-18-19 ,verified 2-19 told by IRS my account was released no DDD yet has anyone in same situation received their refund or a DDD?

Yes, I feel you ... Stephen8335..felt the same like the forms that were missing, when I was told that with at first the form indicated was the wrong one so t turbo rep helped me figured that out so was grateful for that but I asked the irs rep why can that be something provided for or auto fill in their system, since the forms are what they created and have the info from the marketplace and all companies that offer or provided it and if paid of portion by  employees -- it is mandatory companies have to report it, so it is like it is all right there, press the button so the software should have presented that..idk...and if not that way to handle something that one finger can press the key so numbers are auto pulled in then allow us to do it by creating an online account on their platform that is tied to the actual filed claim ...if for verification have a video cam that... so, bascially the technology and process needs to change ..

THIS IS HORRIBLE, I HAVE NOTHING SHOWING ON WMR, THE GUY THAT TOOK MY VERIFICATION WAS RUDE AND IM NOT EVEN CERTAIN HE DID HIS PART. I FILED 2/2/2019 ACCEPTED 2/5/2019 GOT THE LETTER 2/27/2019 VERIFIED SAME DAY AND MY BARS DISAPPEARED AFTER VERIFRYING AND ITS SAYING NO RECORD OF MY RETURN. IM TOLD TO WAIT 9 WEEKS THE EARLIEST INFORMATION ILL GET IF IM GETTING MY REFUND IS 5/1/2019 THATS PISSIING ME OFF.

@kristinoloso2018 I feel where your coming from and the craziest part about this all is , it seems those whom filed with turbotax had to verify. I filed the 18th of Feb,  on the 20th of Feb I got the 9001 code having to verify. On the 8th of March I got my letter and verified, on the 11th of March my return was sent back to processing, since then I've called 2 times the first time was told to wait the 9 weeks , today I was told that yes my return was sent back to processing and that because of the Gov. Shutdown they got behind, he also stated that after you refile,  if your return gets pulled for verification,  after you verify , the return is processed as a paper return and a rep would have to process it manually. And that's where my return is at , waiting for someone to manually process my return. It's all crazy and stupid.

I would advise getting a taxpayer advocate to expedite your returns because it could be something else wrong with your refund

@cherriesplz24 , I tried today , and the lady told me since I had to verify,  I was not eligible . I was upset

I was told by a rep today basically that there were many whom had to verify there identity and there return sent back to processing,  but have to wait for those whom were ahead of me.

I dont think most of them do anything like by clicking a button or moving things from one side of the desk or screen to the next, they put us on hold and read or see where the filing is at based on the calendar date you said when you did filing, called in to verify, faxed or mail in docs., and frame their internal verbiage to us, which equal to mostly not much. Sometimes you get a good one to give you something to work with, a clue. Nonetheless, to keep some sanity would still call them periodically, anyway. It is absurd not knowing what is going on. And to just verify should be really a fast process then mailing or faxing forms for completion. Hopefully, the update will show for all that is still waiting..
samdub41

Ok everyone I order my transcripts and just got them in the mail and they say no record of return filed ... now I’m really confused every time I call they say everything looks good please wait 9 weeks

Samdub41 - that means that they have not inputted your return into their Master File system. I would count how many days since you sent it. If after 21 days, I would call irs to get a status to where it is -- or what else is needed, So either they haven't even touch it yet or it is stuck waiting on something , like sending another letter for more information from the sender, thus they will not input anything on the master file. Online if you had access to your account transcript that is the SAME thing you will see - no record return filed , you just got it printed out and mailed to you. Once they enter it then the clock really starts and will give you more information to track it.
samdub41

@Sunshine22 the problem is that had to have started it in order to send me a letter to verify my identity on 3/6

Samdub41 - that is what I also was referring to either 1) they still have not gotten to your return to even input the data into the Master File that updates the account transcript, that upon initial review on their end discovered more info required, verification that triggers a letter or notice on their screen for the rep to indicate whats wrong when you called in -- but there will be no record on your account transcript and wmr maybe sometimes with codes after your cycle date - this can be even when they have your return just waiting for their requested info or verify from you -- basically, they have the return on Standby until they can get what the need  ... and or (2) your verification sent in has not been worked, so it is basically still stuck on the last status, so bottomline until they work your file - input it in the Master File - with your verification completed, you will not see anything on your account transcript. Hence the long expected timeframe to get it process. -- Once they do key it in the Master File thats when you get the account transcript updated showing what breakdown of your tax return - that will provide you a cycle date and sometimes a refund date with code 846 -- otherwise it is still a waiting game for them to start processing your return, keying your return into the Master file of record,  so it can take up to the timeframe of some weeks. Sometimes even when you do have your return and the addtl docs or verified done, you could still be waiting until they send the deposit, code 846. I have seen other forums for id verify it do not last that long up to 6-9 weeks like 14 days in some cases. If you can't check account transcript online which is more faster, then you have to request for another mailed copy, suggest in a week.

So guys I received a 60 day review letter. I’m over it! It didn’t say to do anything but wait ???

I did also and it said I didn’t have  to do anything and don’t call until after 60 days @aquanetta25

Aquanetta25 and Shenilastevenske -- Not necessarily it will be a 60day review based on what forums I researched which have been a lot. It averages about 2 weeks. If you can prove hardship then you can get a tax advocate to assist in no unnecessary delays to get it done faster. I would check my account transcript if it is there yet. Hopefully it is, I have learned that is the halfway mark. If can not check it online, request it to be mailed every other week. The WMR I saw for people give delayed info so it can be a black hole at times. Because if it is not 60days calling irs line is frutal they will tell you that all day long to wait ... fingers crossed the torture will end for you -
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies