Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund processing service

Why isn’t Turbo Tax doing more to help it’s customers receive their tax returns that is owed to them.  Turbo Tax is the one that contracted the service of Santa Barbara Tax Product Group TPG to process electronic refund processing.  I as far as I know like hundreds of other Turbo Tax customers have not received their owed tax returns minus fees as per agreement.  TPG could be holding back thousands and thousands of hard earned tax refund dollars that is owed to Turbo Tax customers.  Money that the federal IRS has paid out to taxpayers using Turbo Tax.  I personally have spent hours on the phone and on line using sites such as IRS, Turbo Tax and of course TPG.  TPG has been nothing short of a dead end in trying to get information about my tax return refund. It seems as though TPG is this dark hole that no one there returns calls or emails submitted on their web site.  Even when on the phone with Turbo Tax support group.  The representative stated there was absolutely nothing he could do to help me determine what was the hold up in my owed tax return not being electronically deposited to my personal bank account.  I have managed somehow through the TPG site to determine that they have the expected federal return amount of my owed tax return.  Also the amount to be paid to me.  But when I use TPG web site to determine the reason why my tax refund has not been electronically deposited to my account.  I keep getting the same electronic message that due to fraudulent activity my account has been put on hold.  TPG web site keeps stating that I need to go to their identifier page and correct this error.  Will guess what, when the page ask for my social number.  My social number is not valid and that’s the end of that.  I have submitted several emails to TPG about this issue but I have yet to receive any correspondence what so ever from TPG.   So I have gone back to Turbo Tax and reviewed the section for “This Agreement contains important terms, conditions and disclosures about processing of your refund”.  I have determined that I have correctly to 100% filled correctly the information for electronic refund.  The same way I have for the last 15 years of using Turbo Tax.  But for some unknown reason this tax year 2021 is the first time I have experienced any issues with electronic tax refund.  I believe there a lot more Turbo Tax customers that are experiencing the same issues that I have experienced in trying to get their owed tax refunds.  Just from reading all the emails on this site about the same problems.  We should not be doing all this extra time consuming work to get back what is owed to us.  All the effort was put into the completion of the tax forms.  The last thing I want to do is put hours into determining were is my tax refund.  This tax refund is my owed dollars that I’m in need of with this trying economy.  So why isn’t Turbo Tax doing more to help it’s customers?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Nobody can concentrate on the internet if there are more than three sentences in a question.  It is too straining on the eyes and brain.  Try posting with three or four sentences or less and someone will answer.

Same issue here. Had to figure it all out myself and still waiting on them to verify me. Said it can take at least 7 business days. I have no idea why i need verified as ive used The same bank account for years with TT and had fees taken out before and they had no problems. Now all of a sudden they wont give me my money and want me to wait without giving me any reason as to why. It seems like alot of people have this issue and hopefully we get good news and our money soon.

Part of this is because Intuit bought Credit Karma and they had to update millions of taxpayer records as part of their new system.  This is just a one time thing and should work fine after 2021 taxes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies