Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund never sent?

Does someone want to explain to me what’s going on? The IRS released my refund for my on March 2. It was never deposited. I contacted TurboTax and was told they can’t help, I need to contact Santa Barbara tax payer group because that’s who takes out the fees. So I did. After 2 1/2 hours on March 4 I was able to reach a very rude representative who told me there “was an error in the system and I will have to wait 7-10 business days for the direct deposit.” Ok no problem. 7-10 business days came and went. I called back. Three days in a row I waited on the phone and my call was never answered. Finally, on the 4th day I was able to reach another rude representative. I waited and waited and waited while “she tried to gather information” finally, I was told there was a “code” and my refund was in reserve. I asked what that meant and what the code number was and if the code number was from TPG or the IRS. She couldn’t/wouldn’t answer me. I was then told that my refund was being sent back to the IRS. I asked why and she says “there is a code” and I still don’t know what it is or what it means. Mind you, I have received my state refund without issue. I don’t think I will EVER use turbo tax again due to their affiliation with TPG who is STEALING refunds and I am currently on the phone reporting all of this to the IRS.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund never sent?

If SBTPG stated it was sent back to the IRS, you will need to reach out to them directly.  TurboTax does not have information about your refund once you have transmitted your returns to the IRS for processing.  

IRS: 800-829-1040  

Hours: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM, local time

Monday-Friday

• Listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • First choose your language. Press 1 for English.
  • Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies