Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund being held

I filed my taxes in February. I received my state refund the end of February with no problems. My federal ones I still haven’t received. My transcript state they were received February 4. But it states on March 11 a 570, or additional account action pending. On March 18, a notice was issued. I never received the notice and there isn’t one listed in my account but according to an agent, it said my account is being held for further review. I haven’t heard anything since. The date listed on my transcript next to codes 766, 806 and 768 state April 15, 2024. Does this mean it will be finished on April 15 or am I still just waiting? I reached out to the tax payer advocates office and they refused to help. They said they aren’t accepting cases from people who have 570 on this year’s tax return. I’m facing hardships and need that money.  I’m a teacher and don’t make that much annually so for them to flag my account, doesn’t make sense. Anyone have any ideas as to when this might get resolved or anything I can do? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

Refund being held

No, the April 15 date is just the due date of the return. Code 766 means you have a credit on your return. Code 806 means you had federal tax withholding on your return. Code 768 means you have Earned Income Credit on your return. 

The IRS has put a hold (code 570) on your refund, and you need to know what is in the letter that they mailed to you. They may hold your refund until they get a response from you. 

Since you didn't get the letter, you should call the IRS and find out what they want. Follow this link for contact information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund being held

I know what it says. An agent told me that they were reviewing my refund and that nothing was needed at this time. 

Refund being held

I’ve heard that interest starts generating after a certain amount of time. Is this true? 

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Refund being held

If you file taxes and are owed a refund, regardless of if they are on time or late, the IRS begins this 45-day period on the day they receive it physically or electronically. Once the period has passed, the IRS will apply interest to your refund to be issued once they send the refund.

@Shelley1234 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund being held

Interest began 45 days after February 4? It started on March 20? Well at least that’s something. They should be responsible for holding up refunds. Do you know how much interest is?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies