Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund advance glitch

I found my taxes this year through credit Karma app with TurboTax. Upon completing my taxes and selecting my refund preference I selected refund advance with credit Karma Spend account. I already had the spend account and upon clicking my choice of refunded Vance TurboTax Auto populated from my credit karma spend account my routing and account number. My refund was accepted on the 29th the day after filing my taxes and I did not get an update of my refund advanced application. NOTE: I QUALIFIED AND RECEIVED THE ADVANCE LAST YEAR. Upon speaking to an agent at TurboTax named Mariah she stated that she has had an overwhelming amount of customers with the same issue. Upon looking into my account she stated the field for refund advance was blank. She stated because of that the system is technically saying that a refunded advance application was not submitted. I advised her that the account and routing number which my refund is going to be disbursed to is in fact my credit karma spend account and TurboTax Auto populated that from my credit karma spend account. Advised her obviously there's a glitch they need to fix because if in fact we were not given that option at time of checkout customers could have chose to go to another tax preparing company who offers a refund advance of their choice. TurboTax made the mistake TurboTax should fix the mistake. I will be contacting the Federal trade commission and the better Business bureau as well as the news. The Asian Mariah from TurboTax was very kind and made me aware that they know there's a glitch they're just not sure why. Will TurboTax I'm here to tell you the glitches on your end from Auto populating your customers credit Karma spend and routing account numbers into the field when you apply for the refund advance. If you would like to keep your customers and avoid another class action lawsuit I suggest that if a consumer has your credit karma spend account information as their refund choice if I were you I would allow them the option for the refund advance since it's a mistake with your tax software. Additionally customers who are having this issue do not get an approval or a denial email sent to them from first century Bank. I will follow up with the consumer reporting agency and better Business bureau and keep you all posted. TurboTax I hope you make the right decision for your customers it's a very sad! Most request the refund advance do so for a reason they obviously need the funds and are struggling! Especially those with earned income tax credit and child tax credit we won't receive that till the end of February and it's very sad! 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Refund advance glitch

SIDE NOTE: I and utilizing talk to text and some verbiage didn't catch it clearly but I'm sure y'all can figure it out. 😅

Refund advance glitch

I’m am also going through the same thing as is my husband they have no information on either end and cannot help any of us I will be looking forward to the class action announcement 

Refund advance glitch

Same issue. I am thinking about taking my return to HR block this  is too much.

Refund advance glitch

I spent all of today on the phone with turbo trying to figure out why the option to request the advance isn't coming up when I've gotten it every other year

Refund advance glitch

Same situation ! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies