thorrj

Received IND 517 as my son claimed himself on his taxes. We amended his but need to submit by paper now. How can I e-file since I keep getting the IND 517 error?

rjs

You can't e-file. Even though your son filed an amended return, the IRS e-file database will not get updated to allow you to e-file. You have to print your tax return, sign it, and file it by mail.

llstenzel

I submitted my daughter's taxes stating she can be claimed on my taxes and got the same error.  (I verified the hardcopy.)  I am not going to be very happy if I have to mail my return.
cromito68

same thing here, did you have to mail it in?