turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Received form 1099 INT after filing

I received form 1099 INT after filing my 2019 tax return but it rounds up to only $11 and when I went back on turbotax to input that amount it did not change my refund amounts. I also received form 1098e for $95 and when I input that amount along with the $11, my federal refund increases like $22 and state refund decreases by $2. Should I amend my return or would that only cause the IRS to audit my returns? I read that you could just wait for a bill but how much would they charge me being that if I amend my return they would actually owe me a few bucks which I'd prefer to not have to amend for just $22.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Received form 1099 INT after filing

If I were you, I would amend my return.  Just to be in compliance with the IRS and State.  

You could choose to wait for your correspondence. On the federal side, it might not cost you much penalty or interest because the IRS owes you.  However, for the state, even you owe them for a couple of dollars, they might still come back to you and charge you some fees.  It depends on which state and its rules.  Click here: Your states

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies