turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

#WMR2019

Everyone needs to be patient ... expect to wait until early march and be thrilled if you get it sooner.  There is nothing you can do to make it come faster so worrying is a waste of energy. 

From the IRS directly ...

How quickly will I get my refund?
We issue most refunds in less than 21 calendar days.

I’m counting on my refund for something important. Can I expect to receive it in 21 days?
Many different factors can affect the timing of your refund after we receive your return. Even though we issue most refunds in less than 21 days, it’s possible your refund may take longer. Also, remember to take into consideration the time it takes for your financial institution to post the refund to your account or for you to receive it by mail.

It's been longer than 21 days since the IRS received my return and I haven’t gotten my refund. Why?
Some tax returns take longer to process than others for many reasons, including when a return:

• Includes errors
  • Is incomplete
  • Is affected by identity theft or fraud
  • Includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit. See Q&A below.
  • Includes a Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which could take up to 14 weeks to process
  • Needs further review in general

We will contact you by mail when we need more information to process your return.

I claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on my tax return. When can I expect my refund?

According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects most EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Check Where’s My Refund for your personalized refund date.

Where’s My Refund? on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app remains the best way to check the status of a refund. WMR on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go app will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22. So EITC /ACTC filers will not see an update to their refund status for several days after Feb. 15. 

Will calling you help me get my refund any faster?
No. Our phone and walk-in representatives can only research the status of your refund 21 days after you filed electronically; 6 weeks after you mailed your paper return; or if Where’s My Refund? directs you to contact us.

What information does Where’s My Refund? have?
It has information on the most recent tax year refund we have on file for you.

When can I start checking Where’s My Refund? for my refund’s status?
24 hours after we’ve received your electronically filed tax return or 4 weeks after you’ve mailed a paper tax return.

Will Where’s My Refund? show me when I’ll receive my refund?
Where’s My Refund? will give you a personalized date after we process your return and approve your refund.

Will ordering a transcript help me find out when I’ll get my refund?
A tax transcript will not help you find out when you’ll get your refund. The information transcripts have about your account does not necessarily reflect the amount or timing of your refund. They are best used to validate past income and tax filing status for mortgage, student and small business loan applications, and to help with tax preparation.

#WMR2019

@missesp82 if you take your cycle code which actually tells us when they processed our return. My cycle is 20200705 and processed feb 13th. So all we are really waiting on is our money. You can actually look up the chart and I matched up chart with my cycle and 13th is the day it tells me it processed as well. Our  deposits are coming guys idk about an update I just know the next thing I'm looking for is my money to hit one day this week. Will be thursday or friday for ms 

#WMR2019

@Critter nobody asked for any copy and paste information. 

#WMR2019

@missesp82  I do think it will be some updates tomorrow and I pray we all be in that update 🙏🏽

#WMR2019

@Kesi12  Exactly critter is on every post with the same message we dot want to hear that mess we all getting our money this week I am claiming it in the name of Jesus 

#WMR2019

@Kesi12  I was just thinking the same thing like @Critter we are all aware of what the irs website says and it says that every year we’re not looking for automated answers we want real answers from real people with real experiences plus nobody is gonna read all that anyway thanks tho

#WMR2019

Yes @missesp82   19th 21st 26th 28th even!! @Critter can gone somewhere! 

#WMR2019

@Kesi12 my cycle code is 20200605!!! Yess waitin for the money to drop! Sometime soon! It’s out money and we want it neow! Lol

#WMR2019

@ddenese80 yes maam I hope we’re all in that batch

#WMR2019

Ok ... so posting the truth is upsetting to you ???     You would rather sit in the dark and pray 🙏 ?  What good will that do ?   

I post the truth every  so often for the new folks who have not read the multiple pages of these threads so they can be enlightened ... and has the IRS been untruthful in what they posted ?    All everyone can do is wait patiently for your return to be processed and released in good time. 

#WMR2019

Yaw literally the cycle dates seem like their process date is all in a row or near each other so all the deposits should be dropping this week for those already processed 

#WMR2019

@Kesi12 hopefully!!! But it’ll be soon!

#WMR2019

I wish I could show the chart but I can't. No idea how to post pics  

#WMR2019

The IRS post NO official posting charts ... have not for years.  Not sure what third party put one together but it is not to be trusted as not all returns will process thru the same way at the same time ... those charts give false hope. 

On a happier note ... may all your dreams come true whatever they may be ...  👣

#WMR2019

@Critter  omg dude I'm referring to processing of the return. The irs tells you your cycle code and tells you when it was processed which is equal to the cycle code. 

This is not made up info, carry on 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies