Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Will my stimulus check be direct deposited onto my TurboTax card?

How can I receive my tax refund on this TurboTax card but not my stimulus check? This is crazy. 

Y'all full of it I don't understand why y'all  can't just give us a Yes or No but instead y'all giving us the run around I will not be using you guys anymore.

Found this online, but it was posted on 3/20/2020.    If this is true it may be why they have no clear answer.   If it is true those of us who utilized the prepaid card need to get on the ball and find a way to update our direct deposit info with the IRS ASAP.   I would like to know though why this is the case if my routing number and account number on my returns match my turbo card that I use for direct deposit for work (or did until they cut down the staff due to covid).

”Direct Deposit is the best way to get your stimulus check because it will be the fastest. The Treasury Department will use your tax return information to process a direct deposit (just like your tax return). 

If you need a paper check, it typically adds 2-3 weeks to the process for the Treasury Department to print and mail your check.

If you filed a return and got it on a financial instrument (like a prepaid card or tax advance loan), you'll receive a paper check.”

Big10

Stimulus money 

Ok.  So this was on a news source on 03/20/2020.  It seems as if the experts have stopped replying to folks based off the thread timeline.  Maybe we need to respond to an expert directly rather than to others.   So below is a copy & paste quote from another source - is it true that those that used the turbocard/prepaid card and/or those that received an advance on their taxes will be ineligible for direct deposit?

”If you filed a return and got it on a financial instrument (like a prepaid card or tax advance loan), you'll receive a paper check.”

Do I’m get turbo tax credit card or check

AE9ACFDA-1BFD-4F43-8EE6-555CCD737E07.jpeg

If the stimulus won’t be deposited on my Varo card is there a way to give them my regular direct deposit info? 

Is there a way to change my direct deposit information. 

I had fees taken out of my taxes when I filed with turbotax. I got my taxes already. I am wondering if this will delay my direct deposit for my stimulus check? What is the process for that? Will it go directly to my bank or sit with Turbotax until they issue it as they did with my taxes?

I did my son taxes through TT. He received his stimulus check yesterday. No I have not received mine because I used TT debit card this year to have my taxes deposit on. It is too many conflicting answer to the same question.."Are we getting our stimulus check on our TT debit card". Its really a waiting game. I believe we are getting our deposit on the TT debit card, regardless of what account was sent to IRS to take fees. They are going by the account number on your 2018 or 2019 tax return. They are going by your 2018 only if you didn't file this your 2019 taxes. I know quit a few people that did their on taxes or someone else did them,they are waiting like we are. 

Yes turbo card is taking stimulus payments. I got mine today on turbo card as of 4am.

I got mine today. So turbo card is hitting today. I checked at 4am and it was there. 

Pic please for reassurance 

Yes please post a picture so we know

I mean it would do all of us wonders

Think about it you would help us more then the organization at turbo tax lol

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies