Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Will my stimulus check be direct deposited onto my TurboTax card?

Possably but it says any kind of check so I guess we will see

So any news on this? I see lots of people already getting theres in their regular bank account but will they put it on the card? 

What do you mean fees.. I haven't had to pay anything out my check.. So at least we do they are sending to turbo accounts

Jaquee

I’m honestly becoming EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED with this!!! I’ve been calling for days and my problems still have no answers!!!! 

Recently i received a notification from my Turbo Tax Debit Card App, saying &1,700 was deposited into my account. That was Friday it is now Tuesday morning and STILL NO HELP OR MONEY???!!!! What type of business is this???!!! All these employees and no one can tell me where’s my money. And GREEN DOT!!! Costumer Service is unprofessional they tell you to press 5 to speak to a representative but every time it says invalid entry. Y’all are fishy!!!

it will be deposited to your turbo tax debit card. “The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that requested a direct deposit disbursement or applied for a new debit card when they prepared their own return online. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that requested a check printed from their tax professional's office...” unless you opted for a paper check.

They will be posted to the debit card! “The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that requested a direct deposit disbursement or applied for a new debit card when they prepared their own return online. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that requested a check printed from their tax professional's office...” 

They will be sent to your turbo tax debit card! “The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that requested a direct deposit disbursement or applied for a new debit card when they prepared their own return online. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that requested a check printed from their tax professional's office...” 

READ BOOMERS! READDDD

You are getting it on the card! “The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that requested a direct deposit disbursement or applied for a new debit card when they prepared their own return online. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that requested a check printed from their tax professional's office...”

Does it say pending until the 15th line mine does?

Wherever your 2019 tax return was sent to. They only use the info on the 2018 return of you have NOT already filed for 2019. 

I am completely frustrated with all of this as well. I did call TurboTax and spoke with a lady yesterday who told me they will be deposited onto the TT prepaid cards regardless of how fees were paid. She did say at first they didn't know but TT and the IRS came up with a solution to get people their stimulus as quickly as possible. I have been using TurboTax since the very first time I filed taxes.

I understand everyone is angry not getting definitive answers but TurboTax did not anticipate anything like this when most people filed their taxes. I think we were just doing the best they could under the circumstances. Hope this helps but I did get a yes to the DD on prepaid card

thosuejess
Returning Member

Well, if that is the case why has no one gotten it on their cards yet. Not one person who go the card, and had money deducted from their return to pay for fees has received their Stimulus checks.  So please explain that. 

I've been trying to find the answer to this too... I got the advance on my refund but can't seem to find anything talking about how that is gonna affect us getting our stimulus money. Hope we dont get screwed into waiting on a paper check ✔.

Since Turbo tax is unable to answer this question and it is well past the time they should know, I think they will be losing a lot of business next year.  My self included.  There is no reason they shouldn't know or be able to get a direct deposit.  If other tax agencies with the same type of card get their stimulus checks on the card we should too.  

I won't be using TT anymore. How Noble of you to create a portal ahead of the actual IRS and treasury department, but you can't answer a simple question as to why or what. Y'all probably have it right, I'm sure they are sitting on money collecting interest. If I buy something at the store, it's debited from my account the second I swipe the card, yet if you return said item, it takes 7 to 10 business days to get your money back,?!?! The world runs on greed. Corporate America doesn't give a flying f*ck about any of us and if we are going hungry. Anything to make a buck. On another note; my temporary card number for my turbo advance was the same numbers on my actual card that came in the mail. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies