Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Will I receive my amended return?

IRS has been running behind processing Amended Returns. My daughter's 2020 Amended Return was received by IRS on August 4, 2021 and was just processed on May 13, 2022. That is 40 weeks and 2 days! This is double the 20 weeks that IRS indicates. It also took well over the 3 weeks IRS indicates for it to show up as being received on the Where's My Amended Return website.

I also just had an amendment that was submitted in May, 2021 processed on May 13th of this year.

So at least we know how far behind the IRS is on amendments - more like 9-12 months currently 

usvet589
Returning Member

I have tried recommended IRS site  States I have no authorization to access  

usvet589
Returning Member

I tried that access denied ?????

that's unreasonable especially with everything going on I did my 2022 taxes nothing older than that and I'm expecting irs too do their job if I owed money they would exhaust every effort too receive what is owed

Unfortunately, Congress keeps adding to the IRS workload, but doesn't give them any more money to fund them.  And the IRS is still trying to catch up on millions of paper filings and mail that were left untouched during a multi-month COVID lockdown. 

Feel free to contact your Congressional Rep with your thoughts.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies