bellabee1223

Where's my refund

Filed and accepted February 21st

Where's my refund

The IRS is seriously backlogged due to all the new tax laws and extra stimulus filings, as well as unprocessed 2019 returns left over from the COVID shutdown.   Lots of other folks are still waiting, so please continue to be patient.  Also see:

Why Tax Refunds Are Taking Longer Than Usual (forbes.com)

JoannaB2

Where's my refund

Yes. The IRS have backlog of income tax returns to be processed due to forms needed to be updated and/or processing of stimulus payments. The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in the normal time frame or  less than 21 days. However, it’s possible that some tax returns may require further review and could take longer.  IRS representatives can research the status of your return only if:

• It's been more than 21 days since you received your e-file acceptance notification,
  • It's been more than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return.​​​​​
  • The "Where's My Refund" tool directs you to contact us. 

If you haven't received your refund, you may call 1-800-829-1040 or access IRS website under "Refunds tab".