Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Re: Where can I find my 2020 rental property depreciation schedule?

This question has been answered many times by TT Experts in an unclear, out-of-date, and in some cases misleading way. They either direct users to download their tax return (which doesn't include the relevant schedule) or to navigate to Tax Home and click "Add a state" (this button doesn't exist in the current UI). 

If you have paid for TT in the current tax cycle and have not yet submitted your taxes, then I suspect you might be able to navigate from tax home --> edit your current return --> print center and be done. I'm not sure if TT is trying to confuse users by withholding this info since it's a key step in moving away from TT, but in any other situation (in my case, I don't plan to pay for TT in the current cycle) you need to do some clearly unintended behavior. 

As of March 2024, to find it:

1. Navigate to "Tax Home"

2. Scroll to the bottom and click on "Your tax returns & documents" to expand the options

3. For the year you're interested in, click "Amend (change) XXXX return." XXXX represents the year in question

4. Confirm by clicking "Amend using TurboTax Online"

5. On the next screen, look to the tool bar on the left side of the window. There should be an option for "Tax Tools." Click this to expand options, then click "Print Center"

6. Click "Print, save or preview this year's return"

7. Select the checkbox for Federal return (and any other return you want to save), plus the option to "Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional)"

Once you save and open the pdf, you should be able to control+find the depreciation table

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Klawman

Thank you thank you! This was a huge help!  They don’t even provide online help outside the user forums, terrible..

taxsesame

I can’t thank you enough for posting how to do this … 30 mins into my call with TT I found this - and they were no where near helping me. Again I appreciate you! 

LauraBT

That option "amend using TurboTax Online" doesn't exist. So the rest doesn't work and there's no option to include all forms when you download to PDF.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

If you want to change or correct some info on a prior-year tax return after you've filed, you may need to amend your return. Here are some things to know before you begin:

• You have three years from the date you filed your return or two years after you paid the tax due (whichever is later) to file an amendment.
  • Make sure you really need to amend.
  • Wait until your return has been accepted (or mailed if paper-filing).
  • Use the same TurboTax account you used to file your original return.
  • Once you begin your amendment, you'll see your original return. Only make changes to the areas of your return that need amending. The refund calculator will start new at $0 and only reflect the changes in the refund or tax due.
  • Any changes you make to amend your federal return will automatically be transferred over to your state return.

Select your product below and follow the instructions.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax Desktop

To save a PDF of your return with all forms and worksheets, in the Print or File section, when the form selection menu comes up, choose 'all forms and worksheets'.

@LauraBT 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The correct option should read "Amend (change) XXXX return," not "amend using TurboTax Online." I'm not sure where you're seeing that, but potentially you're using the desktop version of TT?

The directions I provided only applies to the online version of TT

wjwustl

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies