Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

Just a heads up! If you mistakenly put in the wrong info (even by a number or letter) you will be locked out for 24hrs! Theres no 2nd chance, i know cuz i just got locked out for minimizing the window to double check my routing number! 

Tax Year Prior to 2020: If we filed with TurboTax, does the IRS have our bank information to have the stimulus direct deposited? Will we me the mailed recipients of the check?

Stimulus portal told me they do not have any direct deposit  information 

djbounce55
Returning Member

I choose the turbo card, and they got the info from when I was with wells Fargo, and when I went on the get my payment portal that's where those fools are sending it to ! SMDH

Yup me too! But heres the **bleep** kicker...ive filed for 8 years thru turbotax and have the same banking info. Checked my returns for 2018 and 2019 and the same info, but i never got my payment because the pop up says i need to provide my bank info????? WTH? 

People complaining about if their stimulus will come on their Turbo Card nor because they used Turbo Tax to do their taxes. I used Turbo tax to do my son taxes and he did not use a turbo card, he got his stimulus money about 3am Monday morning. I used Turbo Tax and used their card , I went on the IRS web page to check for my stimulus; they didn't even have any info for my banking. I put in my personal bank account and it went through. I said all that to say this;  I am glad that the ones that  got their stimulus on their Turbo Card got their money with no problem but the majority of us wasn't that lucky. Its good the IRS had this app if not we probably would be waiting and waiting without any straight answer from Turbo Tax. Some of the people need their money now more than others. Im just glad that a little relief has been given to those that where in other words in a very justified uproar about their money.

VZ13
Level 5

@derekwhite 

I would advice that you looked at the irs.gov website and check the status of tour stimulus by clicking on the button that reads, "get my payment". You will need the most recent tax info filed, 2018 or 2019. Use the most recent tax info. 

I had 2018 setup refund to my bank. This yr i got the turbo card/green dot & i had to submit my bank account info today.  

Dud

IRS deposited my stimulus $ onto a TurboTax card from last year...that I no longer have...WHEN I GAVE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DEPOSIT INFO ON THIS YEAR'S RETURN THAT I FILED ALMOST 2 WEEKS AGO!!! W.T.F.?

At least you got yours! (Not commenting sarcastically, but with envy) With the hope that u still got ur card from WF to go nd withdraw! Me, i can only imagine when ill get mines! 

Telly

I checked today on the get my payment info. I have a Turbotax debit card. The irs DID NOT have my direct deposit information. You need to provide it on the get my payment info on the irs site it is up and running 

VZ13
Level 5

@Dud 

Well this dont match with mine. So it sounds like they dont go based on most recent acct info. Bummer. What method did you use this year for your refund deposit?

Dud

Did I mention I no longer have the card to get the $??

VZ13
Level 5

@Tanble1uze 

Try the website iirs.gov to check the status of your stimulus through the button that reads, get my paymnet. Youll need your most recent tax info for 2018 or 2019. 

I was waiting for my stimulus check to deposit on my turbo card thankfully my co worker told me to go to irs.gov and i clicked get my payment and it told me i was eligible but i needed to provide my banking info so im thinking they wont come on the turbo card 

Now im wondering if anyone w/a Turbocard got their stimulus? And im wondering with your post if i shud change my info anyways to my personal account? It looks more promising! Thanks for sharing...

Msdmax

I filed with turbo tax first time using them and I'm confused I don't know if I have direct deposit or not first they said I was getting a refund on Federal then at the very very end they say I owe federal taxes the IRS so I'm upset with them and I can't find my bank info when I go on their site so I'm really upset I wish they would let me know if my stimulus will be direct deposited cuz I gave them that info before they said I owed thank you for letting me vent 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies