Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Theory on delay!

My theory on the delays (still waiting on ours) is that people with kids and more particularly people with new babies (like us) are still waiting because the irs needs to investigate new dependents in combating fraud, also it sounds like it would be less work to send one deposit than to send two different ones (stimulus and refund) so the irs held out till the stimulus Bill passed so they can just send one large deposit, any thoughts? Or comments on they theory?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Theory on delay!

me and hubby were saying that too shoot we hope so lol

Theory on delay!

That’s what I was told but than I’m like my youngest is only 2 so I field for him twice already it never took this **bleep** long . And also my friend has a child and she got hers but she went through H&R Block 

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Theory on delay!

Refunds are taking longer because the IRS has several things that they are trying to get done all at the same time.  Remember the tax law has changed because of the CARES ACT and IRS has to create new forms and programming to accommodate those changes.  They also, are working to prepare for the 3rd round of Stimulus payments all while working with a limited staff.    Here is what the new American Rescue Plan will Do For Your Taxes and the Child Tax Credit.

Starting in tax year 2021, the Plan increases the Child Tax Credit from $2,000 to:

• $3,600 for each child under 6
  • $3,000 for each child age 6–17

It also makes the credit fully refundable, meaning you’ll be eligible to get it even if you don’t owe taxes.

Starting in July, payments for the Credit will be sent in advance so you won’t have to wait to file your 2021 taxes to receive that amount.

You don’t have to do anything to get these payments. The IRS will likely determine eligibility based on your most recent tax filing.

Federal Earned Income Tax Credit

Starting in tax year 2021, the Federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) has been expanded for workers without kids and nearly triples the maximum credit. Eligibility is also extended for a wider range of tax filers, including those who are over 65 or between the ages of 19–25.

When you file your return next year, we’ll check if you qualify and ensure you get the maximum credit amount you can.

The American Rescue Plan

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies