Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Stimulus 600

I file my 2020 taxes and have received my refund but I didn’t get the 600 stimulus that I was missing 

so how to I get it now I was told I was supposed to put it on line 30 of the tax form but it didn’t tell me that 

I was ask question and I answered that I received the 1200 but the the 600 

so how do I get the 600 now

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Stimulus 600

When they asked about the $600 did you put $0, meaning you did not receive it?  

You can amend the return to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit.  TurboTax will allow to Amend your 2020 return for free.

Here is How to amend:

First, make sure you really need to amend and that your 2020 return was accepted in TurboTax Online or paper-filed through the mail. You can't amend a return that hasn't been filed yet.

IRS Form 1040-X (amend your return) will be ready on March 25, 2021. Sign up for email notification and we'll let you know when the most current form is available.

When you're ready to amend, find your situation below and follow the instructions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Stimulus 600

Yes I said I got the 1200 and 0 for the 600 

but I was told I was supposed to put the 600 on line 30 of the tax form and I left blank

my return was accepted and got the refund last week

just didn’t get stimulus 

I was told i have to do a amend to get the stimulus of 600

Stimulus 600

On the first page of the questionnaire, where you indicate that you received a stimulus check by clicking on "Yes", when it then brings you to the page asking if you received first round $1200 and second round $600, you should have clicked on "No".  Since you indicated that you were prompted to enter an amount, I am guess that thus far this is what you did. Now, if you entered $1200 for the first and zero for the second, the system will automatically tell you that you are due a credit for that $600. However, if for whatever reason that check was issued to you but you did not receive it, the IRS would not have added it to your refund because according to their system, you did receive it (merely because their system shows that they sent one out to you). Before amending your return, if you did in fact follow all of the above correct steps, you should contact the IRS to notify them that you did NOT receive this second stimulus payment - as can be evidenced by your bank statement. I do hope they did not accidentally send it to the wrong address if they mailed it out. Please do check with them first again if you followed the prompts correctly in the TurboTax system. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies