Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return was accepted on the 11th, and it's still processing. It'll be a month in a week! Am I the only one still waiting for my refund?

I was just recently married, and we filed separately due to child support liabilities. Can my refund still be held up due to my husband's obligation?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My return was accepted on the 11th, and it's still processing. It'll be a month in a week! Am I the only one still waiting for my refund?

MFS returns can take longer because the IRS may need to look at both of them in tandem, especially if you're in a Community Property State.  But the IRS is really slow this year.

And you could have filed Joint with an Injured Spouse.  See this:

About Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

Thank you! Will that be grounds for a penalty for us? I didn't see a form for "Injured Spouse" when I filed. I was just not trying to have my refund intercepted for off set purposes on my husband's obligation. However, there was no form that came about for me to file that. This is my 1st tine filing as a married woman and having to file separate on top of that. I wonder if that's the reason we both are still waiting for our refunds. Because it's beyond the 21 day period at this point.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies