Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kwoww31

My refund was supposed to be deposited into my bank account today. Is there a certain time of day they do it? I have a bank account that doesn't hold it, as soon as they receive it then it's in my acc

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

My refund was supposed to be deposited into my bank account today. Is there a certain time of day they do it? I have a bank account that doesn't hold it, as soon as they receive it then it's in my acc

No, there's no specific time, but a lot of ACH electronic deposits happen overnight.   The IRS website always say to allow up to 5 days due to variations in bank processing times/procedures.  But normally it doesn't take that long.  And you said your bank processes it right away.

Does the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool show that it has actually been sent?  Or does it just say it's supposed to be sent by today?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

However, there may be another link in the chain that you can check in the meantime if you used the following service:

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund?  If so, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.)   If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG).

Kwoww31

@mesquitebean @Yes I did choose to pay the fees straight from my tax refund. You said there's a way to track that if the IRS has released and sent my funds or no there's not

@Kwoww31 wrote:

Yes I did choose to pay the fees straight from my tax refund. You said there's a way to track that if the IRS has released and sent my funds or no there's not

If the IRS has released and sent your funds (check with the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool), you can log in to your temporary account at SBTPG to see the status of your funds.

You might as well check on it there now.  It's easy to do.  Often electronic deposits happen overnight.  If not there yet, try again in a few hours.

To log in, choose the taxpayer portal at:
https://www.sbtpg.com/

SBTPG has a phone contact page at the following link. It also shows their business hours.  Even when they are closed, you may be able to get automated info, or you can log in as above.

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

Kwoww31

And the IRS website doesn't say it's been sent it says it will be deposited into my bank account on the 8th. 

It can't hurt to try SBTPG website.  Maybe they have a pre-notification that one is expected.  In any case, if SBTPG doesn't find it yet, try them in a few hours.

Since SBTPG has to process the refund further to subtract any fees, and then send the rest in another direct deposit to your bank, it's possible that can delay your refund's arrival at your actual bank account by another day or so.

Kwoww31

well I just checked the website and it says that they received it and subtracted the money already and have paid it to my bank account so I guess my bank account is just liars for saying that they don't hold on to it lol. False advertisement I guess. But thank you so much for the helpful answers! I never even knew about that tpg website. 

@Kwoww31 wrote:

well I just checked the website and it says that they received it and subtracted the money already and have paid it to my bank account so I guess my bank account is just liars for saying that they don't hold on to it lol. False advertisement I guess. But thank you so much for the helpful answers! I never even knew about that tpg website. 

Well, it may have just processed through SBTPG especially fast.   Your bank may just have not processed it yet this morning.  My own bank processes received electronic deposits around 3-4 AM.  So give it some time, and it may show up in your account yet this morning.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies